Sunday, November 8, 2009

Finished Fleur de lis and Reunion Party


I finished the Fleur de lis in time and the lady loved it. YEAH!!!  She really was very appreciative of all my work and kept thanking me over and over. I am just glad she liked it so much. You never know what someone will think of your work. I was very happy with it and my husband loved it, so I felt I was safe and all would be ok. lol


 Change of subject: My husband and I was invited to a family reunion by one of my husband's friends. I thought this was a little weird but it seems a lot of people bring friends to them. Who knew?? lol Anyway, it was a little strained at first since it was 300 miles away from where we live and we only knew him and his immediate family. Plus they were all LSU fans and they were all outside their campers watching and cheering the TV. Let me tell you this, I was so bored and disappointed but after the game was over. The fun began. They were getting drunk and laughing, dancing, singing and acting a fool. I got some video of them and if you click on link below, you can see them.  Most of them were Cajun French or (coon-ass) with a very thick accent. I didn't understand a lot of it but it was fun. They were very funny and the music was zydeco style most of the night. Country music was the other choice and that is what you are lucky enough to get to see.  I am glad we went.


One of his Aunts was very friendly and I really liked her a lot.  At one time, she went around with little shot cups and gave everyone a shot of tequila Rose. (She is the one passing out the pineapple) She said you have to put the tequila in the freezer first. It was awesome and it tasted like a fruity smoothie. They roasted a whole hog over open flames and everyone provided side dishes to go with it. It was truly a good time and I haven't laughed like that in a long time. We were invited to come again next year and I hope we have even more fun. Check out my video of some of the party.


http://www.youtube.com/user/1dreampainter#p/u/6/gcYXzgRIwto


Laissez les bons temps rouler - translation "Let the good times roll!"

2 comments:

  1. Your stained glass window is absolutely beautiful, no wonder your friend liked it so much, when you consider how much prettier everything looks in real life, other than online...wow! I'm amazed!

    Glad you ended up having fun at the reuninon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful piece!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete